Sudbury Museum Trust - Map Explorer

Map Explorer

Map 7. Town Centre

Thumbnail view - 7. Town Centre

From Gregory Street and Sepulchre (Gainsborough) Street across to King Street and the start of East Street. The only significant post 1885 addition is the Sudbury Silk Weaving Company’s factory in Gregory Street which became part of Vanners in 1924. Note the original positions of the Post Office (Friars Street) and the Police Station (Gaol Lane); also the animal pens behind the Corn Exchange and the railway siding serving Wheeler’s timber yard. LXXII.15.24

Sponsored by:

© Sudbury Museum Trust 2008