Sudbury Museum Trust - Map Explorer

Map Explorer

Map 6. Stour Street - Freeman's Common

Thumbnail view - 6. Stour Street - Freeman's Common

From Freemen’s Common across the lode leading to the mill and on to the Union Workhouse and Stour Street. The only significant post 1885 alteration is Isaac Ernest Clover’s steam drive roller mill of c1895- now the main entrance to the Elizabeth (Mill) Hotel. Note the ford by the mill, the maltings on Mill Hill and the earlier Bathing Place on the main river at ‘Dobbs Hole’. This predated the ‘Old Bathing Place’ at The Croft. LXX11.15.23

Sponsored by:

© Sudbury Museum Trust 2008