Caught On Camera

The Historic Photo Archive for Sudbury

Caught On Camera

Heritage Sudbury

Home

View all images

Old Townscape

Old Shops

War

Sport and Leisure

Education

Business and Industry

Utilities and Public Services

Events

Transport

Mid-20th Century Townscape

Humphrey Spender


Search the archive:

 

Funded by Awards for All, Local Awards for Local People
 

Cornard Road

Catalogue ref: pa709

Category: Business and Industry

Period: 1946-c1975

Cornard Road | Click image to go back to gallery

CAV came to the town in 1944 when the firm took over premises in New Hall, New Street. Their factory in the former lime pits in Cornard Road opened after the War and was large enough to need its own fire service: thus the CAV brigade was formed. These were its members c1960 drawn up outside their Cornard Road Fire Station. L to R Back row : Laurie Spraggins, ? , ? , John Raymond. Front row: Sub Officer Maurice Taylor; Dick Green; Dennis Marsh.

Options

E-mail icon  Tell us more about this photo

Flag icon  

Back arrow icon  Go back to the gallery