Caught On Camera

The Historic Photo Archive for Sudbury

Caught On Camera

Heritage Sudbury

Home

View all images

Old Townscape

Old Shops

War

Sport and Leisure

Education

Business and Industry

Utilities and Public Services

Events

Transport

Mid-20th Century Townscape

Humphrey Spender


Search the archive:

 

Funded by Awards for All, Local Awards for Local People
 

King Street

Catalogue ref: pa666

Category: Old Shops

Period: c1890-1914

King Street | Click image to go back to gallery

Two shops in King Street, presumably owned by related members of the same family - Ives. At Nos 3-4 Henry Ives ( or rather his executors) ran his Printing, Bookbinding and Stationery business. (The frontage of No 4 is shown.) At Haydn House, no 5, Alfred Ives ran his musical instruments business. Nos 3 & 4 were extensively rebuilt after a fire in the early 1970s and the rebuilt no 4 is now (in 2009) a Tanning Studio. No 5 has lost its first floor oriel window but is otherwise intact - now occupied by Carter Pearl Investments. Both advertisements come from Mate's Guide 1908.

Options

E-mail icon  Tell us more about this photo

Flag icon  

Back arrow icon  Go back to the gallery