Caught On Camera

The Historic Photo Archive for Sudbury

Caught On Camera

Heritage Sudbury

Home

View all images

Old Townscape

Old Shops

War

Sport and Leisure

Education

Business and Industry

Utilities and Public Services

Events

Transport

Mid-20th Century Townscape

Humphrey Spender


Search the archive:

 

Funded by Awards for All, Local Awards for Local People
 

Uplands Road

Catalogue ref: pa562

Category: Utilities and Public Services

Period: 1946-c1975

Uplands Road | Click image to go back to gallery

The first wave of expansion up the valley slopes to the east began in the late 19th century, following the construction of the town reservoir at the top of York Road and borehole/pumping house in Woodhall Road. Further expansion took place after WWII and the process continues to the present day. Here the Sudbury Borough Council's workmen are laying the surface of Uplands Rpad in 1958.

Options

E-mail icon  Tell us more about this photo

Flag icon  

Back arrow icon  Go back to the gallery