Caught On Camera

The Historic Photo Archive for Sudbury

Caught On Camera

Heritage Sudbury


View all images

Old Townscape

Old Shops


Sport and Leisure


Business and Industry

Utilities and Public Services



Mid-20th Century Townscape

Humphrey Spender

Search the archive:


Funded by Awards for All, Local Awards for Local People

Ballingdon Street

Catalogue ref: pa561

Category: Utilities and Public Services

Period: 1946-c1975

Ballingdon Street | Click image to go back to gallery

The Ballingdon Street Refuse Destruction Works and Pumping Station seen in 1958 with some of the borough council's vehicles and employees drawn up in front.
L to R: Ted Coombes (foreman); ? Offord (driver); Vic Death (driver); Joe Chinnery (fitter); Reg Groom and John Sargeant (fitter). The right hand section of the building and the tall chimney have since been demolished.


E-mail icon  Tell us more about this photo

Flag icon  

Back arrow icon  Go back to the gallery