Caught On Camera

The Historic Photo Archive for Sudbury

Caught On Camera

Heritage Sudbury

Home

View all images

Old Townscape

Old Shops

War

Sport and Leisure

Education

Business and Industry

Utilities and Public Services

Events

Transport

Mid-20th Century Townscape

Humphrey Spender


Search the archive:

 

Funded by Awards for All, Local Awards for Local People
 

East Street

Catalogue ref: pa502

Category: Mid-20th Century Townscape

Period: 1946-c1975

East Street | Click image to go back to gallery

The Hare and Hounds public house in East Street. The public house and all the houses closer to the camera were demolished in about 1967 to make way for the extension of Girling Street down to the Belle Vue roundabout. The shop with the narrow frontage next to the car (with 'Sillitoe' above it) is now the last house in East Street. It housed Jack Sillitoe's print works at the time of the photograph.

Options

E-mail icon  Tell us more about this photo

Flag icon  

Back arrow icon  Go back to the gallery