Caught On Camera

The Historic Photo Archive for Sudbury

Caught On Camera

Heritage Sudbury

Home

View all images

Old Townscape

Old Shops

War

Sport and Leisure

Education

Business and Industry

Utilities and Public Services

Events

Transport

Mid-20th Century Townscape

Humphrey Spender


Search the archive:

 

Funded by Awards for All, Local Awards for Local People
 

Station Road

Catalogue ref: pa452

Category: Business and Industry

Period: c1890-1914

Station Road | Click image to go back to gallery

The old Suffolk and Essex Free Press offices at 54-55 Station Road. This photo was probably taken shortly after it was built in 1867. The Editor, Mr W.E.Lewis, is second from the right. He was Editor from 1862 until his death in 1904 and was followed by his son from 1904 until 1922. Today the building survives almost unchanged- the brick detailing still very crisp and the Editor's letterbox next to the door on the right hand side. 

Options

E-mail icon  Tell us more about this photo

Flag icon  

Back arrow icon  Go back to the gallery