Caught On Camera

The Historic Photo Archive for Sudbury

Caught On Camera

Heritage Sudbury

Home

View all images

Old Townscape

Old Shops

War

Sport and Leisure

Education

Business and Industry

Utilities and Public Services

Events

Transport

Mid-20th Century Townscape

Humphrey Spender


Search the archive:

 

Funded by Awards for All, Local Awards for Local People
 

Woodhall Road

Catalogue ref: pa366

Category: Utilities and Public Services

Period: 1946-c1975

Woodhall Road | Click image to go back to gallery

A new high capacity borehole pump was installed in 1952 at the Waterworks in Woodhall Road to pump water from the borehole up to the town reservoir (next to Uplands Middle School). It was capable of extracting 30.000 gallons per hour and forcing the water up the incline to the reservoir. It replaced the previous horizontal steam engine and ram pump. The old name for Woodhall Road was Waterworks Lane.

Options

E-mail icon  Tell us more about this photo

Flag icon  

Back arrow icon  Go back to the gallery