Caught On Camera

The Historic Photo Archive for Sudbury

Caught On Camera

Heritage Sudbury

Home

View all images

Old Townscape

Old Shops

War

Sport and Leisure

Education

Business and Industry

Utilities and Public Services

Events

Transport

Mid-20th Century Townscape

Humphrey Spender


Search the archive:

 

Funded by Awards for All, Local Awards for Local People
 

Ballingdon Street

Catalogue ref: pa365

Category: Utilities and Public Services

Period: 1946-c1975

Ballingdon Street | Click image to go back to gallery

New electric pumps were installed at the Ballingdon Street sewage pumping station in the late 1940's. No. 2 pump, in the foreground, was installed in 1948. Behind that is what appears to be an older direct acting steam pump. In the rear, in front of the LH window, electric pump No. 2 is just visible; this was installed in 1946 to replace one of the older generation of steam pumps.

Options

E-mail icon  Tell us more about this photo

Flag icon  

Back arrow icon  Go back to the gallery