Caught On Camera

The Historic Photo Archive for Sudbury

Caught On Camera

Heritage Sudbury

Home

View all images

Old Townscape

Old Shops

War

Sport and Leisure

Education

Business and Industry

Utilities and Public Services

Events

Transport

Mid-20th Century Townscape

Humphrey Spender


Search the archive:

 

Funded by Awards for All, Local Awards for Local People
 

337 Quay Lane

Catalogue ref: pa337

Category: Mid-20th Century Townscape

Period: 1946-c1975

337 Quay Lane | Click image to go back to gallery

The photo may date from the time after Harry Turner used the old Georgian warehouse for an indoor cricket school and during the time in the mid 70's(?) when Roy Baldwin stored machiney for his plant hire business there. The Dramatic Society acquired the building in 1977 and it was officially opened as The Quay Theatre by Max Wall on 5th December 1981.

Options

E-mail icon  Tell us more about this photo

Flag icon  

Back arrow icon  Go back to the gallery