Caught On Camera

The Historic Photo Archive for Sudbury

Caught On Camera

Heritage Sudbury

Home

View all images

Old Townscape

Old Shops

War

Sport and Leisure

Education

Business and Industry

Utilities and Public Services

Events

Transport

Mid-20th Century Townscape

Humphrey Spender


Search the archive:

 

Funded by Awards for All, Local Awards for Local People
 

Station Road

Catalogue ref: pa2

Category: Mid-20th Century Townscape

Period: 1946-c1975

Station Road | Click image to go back to gallery

Hitchcock's offices and coal depot, 10 Station Road, now enjoying a new lease of life as a restaurant with the same name. William Hitchcock founded the coal and timber merchants in around 1860 and the 1871 Census records him living next door at No 11 aged 65. His son Alfred took over the business and it was still trading as a family concern into the 1950's - their timber yard was down Meadow Lane opposite on the corner with Hyde Road.

Options

E-mail icon  Tell us more about this photo

Flag icon  

Back arrow icon  Go back to the gallery