Caught On Camera

The Historic Photo Archive for Sudbury

Caught On Camera

Heritage Sudbury

Home

View all images

Old Townscape

Old Shops

War

Sport and Leisure

Education

Business and Industry

Utilities and Public Services

Events

Transport

Mid-20th Century Townscape

Humphrey Spender


Search the archive:

 

Funded by Awards for All, Local Awards for Local People
 

Chilton Brickworks/Wheelers timber works

Catalogue ref: pa944

Category: Business and Industry

Period: 1946-c1975

Chilton Brickworks/Wheelers timber works | Click image to go back to gallery

This large area north of the Waldingfield Road was originally developed as the Alexandra Brickworks but was taken over by Wheelers the timber merchants when they moved from their original base in King Street. It is now owned by Ridgeons and the whole area has been developed as the Chilton Industrial Estate with access from the Eastern by-pass.

Options

E-mail icon  Tell us more about this photo

Flag icon  

Back arrow icon  Go back to the gallery